All the little Drunkard’s Path units were made by Sunday and I started putting them into blocks of 4. So far I have about 18 or 20 of the blocks done, so it won’t take too long to get them finished. I’m really looking forward to seeing this one together, and am planning the border for it already.
The weekend was one of extremes. Extremely cold temperatures – wind chills of -15 seemed rather outrageous for late March. Extremely different outcomes from quilt-related endeavours on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday I started to make a large stitching book and realized that one of the applique blocks I was planning to use hadn’t even been finished. There were still a couple of pieces that had been back basted, but never actually appliqued on. The block had been sitting for at least 5 or 6 years. There were other blocks, so that wasn’t a huge issue. Cut the backing for the stitching book and cut it too small. Pressed the backing for the Ferris Wheel quilt, started to lay it out to baste and realized I had washed and ironed the wrong piece that wasn’t the right size. Then I got out the other piece of the backing, washed it and decided quit at that point before something else went wrong.
Sunday was a totally different story. Stitching book put together and basted, just needs to be quilted. Binding for the stitching book made and ready. Ferris Wheel basted and ready to quilt. Sorted all the little drunkard’s path units and have stacks of the 4 units needed for each block all ready to stitch.
I’ve been avoiding the computer as much as possible since Thursday. I seem to have a pinched nerve that makes using the keyboard for any length of time uncomfortable. I owe responses to a few comments from last week still — and will try to get through them slowly. I’m thankful that this isn’t making stitching difficult.
Smudge, sound asleep.
Lester in his newest favourite spot, under my desk.