While the projects I’ve been working on lately have, for the most part, taken over, I have been making a few of the Pickled Ladies blocks bit by bit. Friday I put them all up on the temporary design wall to get a sense of how many more I need to make. With 69 of the blocks done, I’m looking at something that will be approximately 46 x 34. I want to make this a larger quilt than that, so I’m contemplating doing another 45 or 50 of the blocks and then will start working on the layout as well as making the half pickled clams for the edges and then will think about a border or borders.
When talking to a friend about the Pickled Ladies and why I had not done more, I realized that I had got out of the rhythm of stitching these. While there is another large project that’s seemingly taken over my stitching time, I’m going to try to get at least half of what I need to finish the main part of the top done by the end of May. I have a number of the clamshells fussy cut already, so need to make more of the arcs and then put them together.
We found two foods that Smudge seemingly loves. Friday he ate more on his own than he has in weeks. Here he was resting after eating.