When I had the batt taped to the wall as a temporary design wall, I put up all 8 of the finished batik 6″ sunflower blocks. The centre pale yellow one may need to be set aside for a small quilt of pale sunflowers. Or perhaps I’ll do more pale ones and make them the centre of the little quilt.
The darker more vibrant ones on their own.
Some of the other batiks I’ve picked out for more sunflowers. I’ll start printing on these fabrics sometime in the next week or so. There are some other pale ones that I’ll add to the group. Why? Mostly because I’m leaning towards doing some sort of colour-wash effect with the pale ones in the centre of the quilt.
These are waiting to be stitched. There are another 6 or 7 that are printed but not yet cut out that will be added to this box. The batik sunflower quilt will be a long-term project as new ones will be added when I find other batiks.
I think Baxter’s rushing things. I’m not ready for the leaves to fall. Monday was another gorgeous late summer/early fall day with brilliant sunshine and mild temperatures. So I think he’s going to have quite a wait yet for those leaves to be flying by the window.
He was investigating what toys were in the lower tier of his kitty tree. We have a new game. I toss the toys up to him when he’s sitting on the top level of his cat tree and he promptly bats them right back at me.