Yesterday I finished adding labels to two little quilts. The nosegay block I showed yesterday was turned into one of those labels. I’m almost finished making the little flowers that will be in my tiny garden quilt, so decided I’d … Continue reading
Mad about miniatures, that is. Yesterday afternoon I decided to dive back into this wonderfully wacky world of tiny blocks and printed some of the kites from the Periwinkle Octagon collection and some QSTs on white fabrics, used some diamonds … Continue reading
I’m working on a small project that has to be finished quickly. So out came the baggie full of .50″ hexagons that had already been printed on fabrics and I began making the flowers. My little garden is only going … Continue reading
The blue and white quilt in my blog header was made with star points and two sizes of hexagons. They were from the first Inklingo collection on CD, which was sold out long ago. But just a few days ago, new … Continue reading
Little stars, medium stars, big stars. I’m seeing them all. The large ones made with 1″ 60-degree diamonds, the medium with .74″ diamonds and the little ones with .50″ diamonds. All printed on my fabrics with various Inklingo 60-degree diamond … Continue reading
Candy Stars is now quilted. All that’s left to do is the binding and the label. So I’ve started making the stars for the tumbling stars quilt in earnest. Another 102 to go and I’ll have all the stars for … Continue reading
Yesterday I finished off the piecing of Candy Stars, graded the last of the little seams, made the bias binding and got the little quilt basted and ready to quilt. So last night I decided to play for a bit … Continue reading
Lots more Candy Stars were finished off on the weekend. There are still seven left that need their white squares added. Then I can put all the different coloured threads away and just use the red to connect the Candy Stars to the red octagons and diamonds.
It’s fun to see the stack of the little Candy Stars growing. But it will be more fun to see the Candy Stars quilt finished. I’m still hoping it will be sometime this week.
You might remember the test block I was working on of Tumbling Stars. All along I had planned to make the Tumbling Stars using a specific set of fabrics. On the weekend I decided to try out two sizes of the stars for Tumbling Stars. With my love of miniatures, I thought I might like to make the quilt using the .74″ diamond. Yes, you read that right – a .74″ diamond. While I would love to use that size for a small quilt, for a large quilt such as the Tumbling Stars will be, the back of the top would be all seam allowance. So I decided on the 1″ diamonds, printed enough on fabrics for the first 32 stars and made 2 of them. I will make a few more of the smaller stars and turn them into a mug rug, I think.
Seams graded and stars pressed.
Baxter’s working with stars again, this time as a director.
One of his favourite places – guarding his toy stash.
It’s my day on the April Showers Mug Rug Hop. I can’t wait to go see what the other participants today have made! We are all making mug rugs with an April showers theme. Madame Samm is our wonderful hostess, Erin … Continue reading
After making the large periwinkle block for the Inklingo Periwinkle reverse mystery quilt, I was determined to make a smaller one using the .75″ octagons. Although doing so involves using freezer paper templates and tracing around them rather than being … Continue reading